Government schools in Victoria are responsible for their own educational programs within the Department of Education (DET), policies and guidelines. Each school is governed by a School Council. Parents are elected to Council by the community and hold their position for a period of two years. Elections are held in March each year. The position of President is held by a parent.
President: Lisa Agar
Vice President: Rob Lindsay
Secretary: Paul Hunter
Assistant Secretary: Simone Power
Treasurer: Rachael Franks
Assistant Treasurer: Carol Chainey
Parents: Lisa Agar, Simone Power, Rebecca Abbey, Amy Perkins and Melissa Dillon
Executive Officer: Karen Luff
DEECD Representatives: Maree Vine, Carol Chainey, Linda Buckeridge and Gabi Mathews
Community Members: Michael Garnier, Rob Lindsay and Rachael Franks
Meetings Of Council are held on the third Wednesday of each month during the school year. These are open for anyone to attend.
We hope that you will take an active role by joining School Council or one of its many subcommittees and that your association with the school will be enjoyable and rewarding for both you and your child.
We depend on parents to maintain neat, pleasant and tidy grounds and environment for the children. Please be part of working bees advertised in the school newsletter.
Sub-committees of school council are:
- Resource Management
- Education Policies
- Family and Community
- Parents and Friends
Terms of Reference – K.P.S. School Council Sub-Committees
The Education Policies sub-committee is responsible for the development and review of policies in line with the School Charter and Department of Education guidelines. It will:
- Identify policy needs and document school policies in standard format.
- Recommend priorities for policy development and review.
- Recommend and monitor processes for ensuring parent, teacher and community participation; utilising outside agencies where appropriate.
- Recommend action plans for development and review of policies and resultant programs.
- Ensure school policies are made known throughout the school community.
- Ensure data required by DET is included in Annual School Report and Triennial review documents.
- Contribute to the Charter writing process and monitor Charter implementation process.
- Report to School Council on policy status, Charter implementation progress and make recommendations for action.
- To coordinate the collation of annual and capital expenditure budget recommendations and the financing options to support them.
- To monitor budget performance.
- To ensure financial reports required by the DET, School Council and other relevant bodies are presented as required.
- To be responsible for the safety and adequate maintenance of facilities, playground equipment and overall physical environment.
- To collate information and analyse issues regarding maintenance and improvements of the school’s buildings, facilities and physical environment.
- To prioritise needs and draft a plan in order to contribute to the Whole School Premises Development Plan.
- Report to School Council with options to consider or with clear recommendations for action.
- To coordinate with other school council committees to target and apply for external grant funding for selected projects
Family and Community
- To promote the school to both the local and wider community
Parents and Friends
- To contribute to the well being of the students, staff and other members of the school community.
- To assist in building the participation of parents in the life of the school.
- To raise funds for the benefit of all students.